DANA R. QUICK joined Bugbee & Conkle, LLP in 2014. Before joining Bugbee & Conkle, Ms. Quick practiced with a private firm in Miami, Florida; and clerked for the Honorable Laurel M. Isicoff, U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge in the Southern District of Florida. Ms. Quick practices in Bugbee & Conkle’s Labor and Employment and Workers’ Compensation practice groups. Ms. Quick also concentrates a part of her practice in the areas of bankruptcy, insolvency, and litigation.
Ms. Quick attended Eastern Michigan University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Journalism in 2003. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Toledo College of Law in 2007.
Ms. Quick grew up in the Toledo area. She is married with three children. Outside of her law practice, Ms. Quick enjoys travelling and quilting.
- Ohio, 2007
Representative cases include:
- A boutique full-service hotel concept in a successful confirmation of a chapter 11 “cram down” plan over the objection of its secured lender.
- Developer of electronic surveillance systems as a chapter 11 debtor-in-possession
- Trustee’s counsel the liquidation of a custom suit company
- A Fortune 500 energy company as a creditor and vendor in a variety of Chapter 7 and 11 cases involving retail outlets and wholesale suppliers.
- Manufacturer of diabetic testing equipment in the bankruptcy case of a major client
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Advanced Blast Protection, a developer and manufacturer of armored vehicles
Bankruptcy Litigation & Contested Matters:
- Special litigation counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of SMF Energy Corporation, investigating director and officer liability claims
- Special litigation counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and the Liquidating Trustee of BankUnited Financial Corp., prosecuting preference claims
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Advanced Blast Protection, investigating director and officer liability claims
- Purchaser of real property in the bankruptcy case of NFL quarterback Michael Vick, seeking declaratory relief related to an undisclosed judgment lien filed against the real property just prior to the closing.
- Redeemer defendant in the Chapter 15 filing of a Bernard L. Madoff Investments Securities, LLC feeder fund.
- Defending an officer against a director and officer liability claim in the chapter 15 proceedings of British American Insurance Company Limited, and British American Isle of Venice (BVI) Limited.
- Defending a variety of preference defendants in the bankruptcy case of nationwide homebuilder TOUSA, Inc.
Other Insolvency matters:
- Assignor in the Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors (an “ABC”) of an exporter of electronics with sales primarily to S. America
- Assignee in the ABC of a clothing company
- Assignee in the ABC of a technology company
- Assignee in the ABC of a sports drink company
- A pre-bankruptcy workout of a regional restaurant chain