The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation announced its “Better You, Better Ohio!” program which is designed to provide health and wellness resources and services to workers who work for small employers (50 or fewer workers) in high-risk industries. The high-risk industries include:
- automotive repair and service;
- health care;
- police and public safety;
- public employers;
- restaurant and food service;
- transportation and trucking;
- trash collection;
- wholesale and retail.
The new program is designed to give workers a wealth of resources to help them take ownership of their health and well-being, at no cost, through a simple, paperless process. Resources and services include:
- Health and wellness awareness, education and training;
- Health assessments and biometric screenings for better understanding of their health and well-being;
- A member engagement website that allows them to develop health plans and track their progress to achieve their health goals;
- A state-of-the art mobile app for creating weekly action plans and getting health tips;
- Digital coaching to help them on their journey to better health.
The BWC believes employers can use this wellness program to help manage and reduce their workers’ compensation and health-care costs by having a healthier workforce. For more information on Better You, Better Ohio!, see here.