On October 23, 2020, OSHA announced that since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic it has cited 112 employers for violations relating to COVID-19 resulting in proposed penalties of $1,603,544. OSHA citations involved alleged violations of:
- Failure to implement a written respiratory protection program
- Failure to provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, and training on the proper use of a respirator
- Failure to report properly and timely a COVID-19 related illness or fatality
- Failure to document a COVID-19 illness as an OSHA recordable event
- Failure to comply with the General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act
For more information on OSHA COVID-19 recording and reporting, watch our brief video clip below.