- Labor & Employment
- Litigation – Employment Law
- Litigation – Workers’ Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation
Rob attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors in 1981. While at Miami, he was an officer in the Kappa Sigma fraternity. Rob received his Juris Doctor degree from the Toledo College of Law in 1984 and has been a partner with Bugbee & Conkle since 1989. Rob's peers selected him for inclusion in the 1999-2000 edition of Best Lawyers in America and has received and maintained an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell.
Rob is a former trustee and past two time president of the Northwest Ohio Self-Insurers Association and has served as chairman and secretary of the Worker' Compensation Committee of the Toledo Bar Association. He is a past member and chairman of the Sylvania Planning Commission, Sylvania Civil Service Commission, and Architectural Board of Review. Rob has also served as a member of the Sylvania School Board Facilities Committee and been active in the Boy Scouts of America. He is an Eagle Scout. Rob has also served as a member of the Sylvania Academic Excellence Foundation and President of Bittersweet Farms, Inc. , a facility for adults with autism. Rob is a founding member of the Great Black Swamp Frogs Base Ball Club which performs historical re-enactments of Civil War baseball and is a member of Sons of the American Revolution.
Rob has resided in the Toledo area since 1981, is married and has 2 adult children and four grandchildren. Outside of his law practice, he enjoys sports, travel and reading.
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Juris Doctor - 1984
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts - 1981
- Honors: With Honors
- Ohio, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2000
- Ohio State Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section)
- Toledo Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Committee)
- State ex rel. Gibson v. Industrial Commission of Ohio, 39 Ohio St.3d 319 (1998)